Jack Rogers shoes had an inspired beginning on the isle of Capri in the early 60s. It was the heyday of the international jet set, a swirl of famous faces and names, lounging poolside in colorful caftans, wearing sherbet shades against the Mediterranean backdrop. Chic as it was, one person stood out as the most vibrant of all: Jackie Kennedy. The First Lady, known for her impeccable style, never looked better than when she was off-duty—with her innate charisma, she had a way of making simple pieces look absolutely sublime.
The Accounting Temp will be an integral member of our Finance team who will ensure timely and accurate accounting of general ledger, inventory and operational transactions. The Accounting Temp will partner with the Accounting Supervisor as well as AP Accountant on daily monitoring of the general ledger activity.
JACK ROGERS is looking for an experienced and passionate individual that can work independently to develop and execute against plans, and a team player that works well with cross-functional teams and external partners.
The ultimate goal of this critical role is to implement best-in-class processes and procedures for the Accounting team and act as a critical member to support the financial reporting functionality of the business.
- Ensure accurate and timely month end close
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the A2000 financial reporting system and general ledger structure
- Support the month end close by preparing journal entries and accruals for revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and review monthly account activities and reconciliations; confirming accurate financials and analyzing for potential opportunity savings
- Partner with operations to ensure business activity is recorded accurately and timely
- Collaborate with department heads to support overall department goals and objectives
- Partner in ensuring accurate and timely workflow of AP functions such as (but not limited to) maintaining vendor relations, managing invoices/expense reports, and matching purchase orders to receiving paperwork.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with ad-hoc projects and reporting, as necessary
- Aid in the timely reporting of all internal and external monthly financial information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience in roles directly related to accounting
- Knowledge and clear understanding of US GAAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; ability to multitask and meet deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external partners at various levels
- Knowledge of A2000 a plus
If interested in applying in this position, please send your resume + a cover letter to email@example.com attention: Josie Fogarty.
Job Type: Full-time