Jack Rogers shoes had an inspired beginning on the isle of Capri in the early 60s. It was the heyday of the international jet set, a swirl of famous faces and names, lounging poolside in colorful caftans, wearing sherbet shades against the Mediterranean backdrop. Chic as it was, one person stood out as the most vibrant of all: Jackie Kennedy. The First Lady, known for her impeccable style, never looked better than when she was off-duty—with her innate charisma, she had a way of making simple pieces look absolutely sublime.
The Jr. Staff Accountant will be an integral member of our Finance team who will ensure timely and accurate accounting of general ledger, inventory and operational transactions. The Jr. Staff Accountant will oversee the Accounts Payable process, assist in sales tax filing and payment, and will be a Finance contact with 3rd Party vendors.
JACK ROGERS is looking for an experienced and passionate Jr. Staff Accountant that can work independently to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met in a timely matter, and a team player that works well with cross-functional teams and external partners.
The ultimate goal of this critical role is to implement best-in-class processes and procedures for the Accounting team and act as a critical member to support the financial reporting functionality of the business.
- Prepare monthly Sales & Use Tax report for NY, GA and FL and record necessary journal entries to reconcile tax payable accounts.
- Manage and file Business Tax, Excise Tax and Rent Tax
- Prepare month-end accruals and prepaid schedules
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the A2000 financial reporting system and general ledger structure
- Prepare and review monthly account activities and reconciliations confirming accurate financials and analyzing for potential opportunity savings
- Ensure accurate and timely workflow of all AP functions such as (but not limited to) maintaining vendor relations, entering all AP invoices/expense reports, and matching purchase orders to receiving paperwork.
- Administer and manage bi-weekly check runs
- Assist in reconciling balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Monitor recurring payables regularly to ensure all monthly invoices are entered before month end
- Ensure all monthly and quarterly taxes are filed and paid in a timely matter
- Aid in the completion of 1099’s for various partners
- Manage inventory process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of experience in roles directly related to general ledger accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Positive working relationships with internal and external parties (auditors and 3rd party vendors, etc)
If interested in applying in this position, please send your resume + a cover letter to email@example.com attention: Josie Fogarty.
Job Type: Full-time